Monday, April 29, 2013

04-25-13 In Hampton Together



Felt 110% better this morning. Gobbled up my Pop Tarts and was on my way.

The terrain was easy until we got to Laurel Falls. Up and down the craggy rocks we went. At one point we had to hug the rock wall with a six inch ledge for our feet or else plummet into the flowing water.

Close to the approach trail into Hampton we ran into our buddies--Bamboo, Shaman, Morning Kid and Cyclops! Caught up with them for awhile, then headed into Hampton.

Got lunch at the laundromat; I mean computer repair; I mean pool hall; I mean, actually all of those and more. Ahh... Got to love small towns.

Tonight we're staying at Brown's Castle Hostel. It's a converted post office; I mean lumber headquarters; I mean ice house; the owner, Sutton Brown, is real nice and a former volunteer firefighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment