Sunday, March 31, 2013

03-30-13 Together in Franklin, North Carolina



Woke up early to hike just shy of 4 miles to Winding Stair Gap to make the shuttle into Franklin, North Carolina.

The hike along the ridge was beautiful in the morning, with the fog rolling off the mountains. I felt like I was on top of the world.

Caught the shuttle hosted by Ron Haven--boy, that guy is a character.

Checked into the Budget Inn. Stepped into our room, and stepped back a decade.

Our stay coincided with the April Fools Trail Days in the day, and Hiker Bash in the evening.

Had a chicken tender basket for lunch and some frozen foods for dinner--including ice cream. The snow plus mud combo of the trail has reminded me of cookies and cream for days, so I felt it time to satisfy my appetite.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you guys are doing well, Thinking and Praying for you guys
    MDM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the blog. Alan created an office pool for your journey. I created a google acct for the office so we all can send random comments to make you laugh. #ihopnexttuesday #freebalaclavas
    God speed to you both ---Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and hope you have some great hiking weather.
    Jay W

    ReplyDelete