Saturday, June 8, 2013

05-31-13 Somewhere in Pukey Town



Yesterday was the type of day that really spoils us. Today was not the same case. First, no waysides within walking distance. Second, the terrain was rolling.

Still made good time by lunch and had the Hightop Shelter to ourselves. The rest of the way was primarily downhill with one little climb just after Swift Run Gap.

At Swift Run Gap we sat down for a short break. It was here that I wasn't feeling that great. After starting, I told K to go ahead as I collected myself. I managed a few minutes more before I was feeling even worse and sat on a nice rock.

At the rock I entered pukey town, population 1. Just after I left the rock, K was waiting for me. It ended up taking us an hour longer to get to camp than it should have.

Our camp was a previous shelter that had been converted to a maintenance shed for the trail maintainers. Even though there was a "no camping" sign, there was a maintainer there who said it was ok for us to set up for the night. Our group were the only ones there so we had the run of the place.

K set up camp and Bamboo fixed me chicken noodle soup as I contemplated my situation. I revisited pukey town a few more times throughout the night which is to say I didn't sleep much--actually, WE didn't sleep much since we are inches apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment